India has elected its 15th president on 21 July 2022. First tribal president of India Draupadi Murmu’s life journey was never easy. She is the perfect example of hardship. Draupadi Murmu belongs to a very least developed area but her intention was always top class.
Here in this write-up, we are sharing the new President of India Draupadi Murmu Biography. Let us share the journey of a woman who believed in herself and became India’s 2nd woman and first tribal president.
Draupadi Murmu Biography
|Full Name||Draupadi Murmu|
|Birth date||20 June 1958|
|Husband name||Shyam Charan Murmu|
|Son’s name||Laxman (both have died)|
|Daughter name||Itishree Murmu|
|School name||K.B. H.S. Uperbeda school, Mayurbhanj|
|College name||Rama Devi Women’s College, Bhubaneshwar|
|Qualifications||Bachelor of Arts|
|Current position||President of India|
The new president of India Draupadi Murmu was born on 20 June 1958 in Mayubhanj, Odisha. In the Draupadi Murmu family, there are some people about them we have shared a piece of information. Draupadi Murmu’s father’s name is Biranchi Naryanan Tudu who is a farmer. Draupadi Murmu has 2 siblings named Bhagat and Sarani.
Draupadi Murmu’s husband’s name was Shyam Charan Murmu, who was a bank officer. Draupadi Murmu’s husband met with death in the year 2014. Draupadi Murmu had 3 three children, two sons, and one daughter. One of Draupadi Murmu’s sons died in the year 2009 whose name was Laxman and in the year 2013 another son met death just a year before Draupadi Murmu’s husband died. Draupadi Murmu’s daughter Itishree Murmu is the only one left in the Draupadi Murmu family. And she is a bank worker as well. This was the Draupadi Murmu family introduction.
Draupadi Murmu Education
Indian Politician and Former Governor of Jharkhand, Draupadi Murmu education starts from Draupadi Murmu birthplace. She completed her schooling at the K.B. H.S. Uperbeda school, Mayurbhanj. Draupadi Murmu graduated (with a Bachelor of Arts) from Rama Devi Women’s College, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha. So this was short and enough Draupadi Murmu education and this also indicates that you don’t need to hold lots of degrees to prove yourself.
Draupadi Murmu Political Journey
- Draupadi Murmu Political journey started in the year 1997 as she joined the Bhartiya Janata Party and was elected as the councillor of the Rairangpur district of Odisha state.
- In 2000, Draupadi Murmu opted as the chairperson of the Rairangpur Nagar Panchayat.
- During the coalition in 2000, the Odisha government was formed by the collaboration of the BJP and Biju Janata Dal. At this time Draupadi Murmu was in charge of the Commerce and Transportation department as the Minister of the state. Draupadi Murmu hold these departments from March 6, 2000, to August 6, 2002.
- And from August 6, 2002, to May 16, 2004, Draupadi Murmu upholds Fisheries and Animal Resources Development departments.
- This is how India’s new President Draupadi Murmu Political Journey was going on and then on 18 May 2015, Draupadi Murmu took oath as the Governor of Jharkhand. Draupadi Murmu was the 9th Governor of Jharkhand, she served the post from 2015 to 2021.
- And in 2022, Draupadi Murmu’s name was announced as the Presidential election candidate from the BJP. In an interview, she had said that she was not expecting her name as the Presidential election candidate. And this is how Draupadi Murmu became the 15th president of India and the first female tribe president of India.
Draupadi Murmu Awards
Draupadi Murmu age is 64 years and she is the new president of India. This one defines a lot about Draupadi Murmu. So let’s have a look at the Draupadi Murmu awards.
- Draupadi Murmu also served as MLA of BJP from Rairangpur district of Odisha state. So in 2007, she was awarded the Nilkanth award for being the best MLA of Odisha.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Draupadi Murmu
- Before joining politics India’s new president used to work as an assistant professor at Shri Aurobindo Integral Education and Research Centre in Rajgangpur.
- From 1979 to 1983 she also worked at the Irrigation department of Odisha as a junior assistant.
- From 2009 to 2014 Draupadi Murmu family members lost their lives, and as result, our new president was going into depression.
- To fight this depression of losing her two sons and husband a Brahmakumari named Nirmala helped Draupadi Murmu. Brahmakumari Nirmala also tied rakhi to the then Governor of Jharkhand Draupadi Murmu in the year 2018.
- Draupadi Murmu announced in the year 2016 that after her death her eyes will be the heritage of Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital of Ranchi, which means she will donate her eyes to the hospital.
- Draupadi Murmu became the first tribal president of India in 2022.
You may also like:
- Need Of India’s New Parliament Building of Rs 971 Crore- EXPLAINED
- Nambi Narayanan Life Story – From Controversy to Padma Awards
- Sidhu Moose Wala Biography – family, career, net worth, Interesting facts & controversies
- Falguni Nayar biography – Net Worth, Age, career, husband and success
- 8 Indian Laws Everyone Should Know Before 2022 Ends
The story of Draupadi Murmu tells us the real struggle of a woman who undergoes uncountable ups and downs during her life journey. Draupadi Murmu age is now 64 years and she still has the power the drive a whole nation. Very congratulations to the new president of India and of course she needs lots of good wishes to handle the position she had owned.
Hope you liked the Draupadi Murmu Biography and got all the required information related to Draupadi Murmu life story. Draupadi Murmu has seen lots of hard times in her life, from poverty to losing her family. Draupadi Murmu is the new President of India and everyone must read Draupadi Murmu biography so that we can learn to deal with the obstacles that try to pull us.
How old is Draupadi Murmu?
Draupadi Murmu age is 64 years now.
Draupadi Murmu’s daughter’s name?
Draupadi Murmu’s daughter’s name is Itishree Murmu.
Who is the first governor of Jharkhand?
Prabhat Kumar was the first governor of Jharkhand.
Draupadi Murmu’s husband’s name?
Draupadi Murmu’s husband’s name was Shyam Charan Murmu.
Draupadi Murmu belongs to which party?
Draupadi Murmu belongs from the Bhartiya Janta Party.