Cancer is one of the diseases that is responsible for the highest number of deaths every year because most people do not pay attention to the primary symptoms of cancer. If we talk about India only then the increasing number of cases every year due to cancer is around 1.1 Million due to lack of awareness. To deal with this situation, the Indian Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Dr. Harsh Vardhan announced that 7th November will be observed as National Cancer Awareness Day.
In this write-up, we will have a look at the various aspects related to National Cancer Awareness Day like National Cancer Awareness Day 2023, National Cancer Awareness Day theme 2023, National Cancer Awareness Day quotes, National Cancer Awareness Day slogans, World Cancer Day, World Cancer 2023 theme, etc.
Before going to the above-mentioned topics, first, we will discuss something about cancer we should know. So let’s start with what is cancer, the types of cancer, and some data related to cancer patients and cancer-causing deaths ratio.
- What Is Cancer?
- Types Of Cancer
- National Cancer Awareness day 2023
- National Cancer Awareness day Theme 2023
- World Cancer Day 2023
- World Cancer Day Theme 2023
- Statistics Of Cancer
- National Cancer Awareness Day Quotes/World Cancer Day Quotes
- National Cancer Awareness Day Slogans/ World Cancer Day Slogans
- Final Words
What Is Cancer?
What is cancer? Cancer is a disease that occurs at the cellular level in the human body. The exact definition of cancer can be “Cancer is a disease in which cells in any part of the body start dividing uncontrollably and these cells might travel to the other organs of the body.”
The human body is made up of Trillions of cells thus cancer can trigger any part of the body and the nomenclature of the cancer is done on the basis of the triggered body part. Considering that part, next we will see the types of cancer in the human body.
Types Of Cancer
The total estimated number of cancer diseases is around 200 and these 200 types are grouped into 5 major groups. So here we will discuss and try to understand these 5 groups or 5 major types of cancer.
Types of cancer are as follows:
- Carcinoma – Carcinoma is a type of cancer that mainly originates in the skin or skin tissues that line the internal organs of the human body. There are also subtypes of Carcinoma cancer – Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Basal Cell Carcinoma, Transitional Cell Carcinoma, AdenoCarcinoma, etc.
- Sarcoma – Sarcoma is a type of cancer that mainly originates in the connective tissues or supportive tissues such as – Cartilage, Bone, Fat, Muscle, etc.
- Leukemia – Leukaemia is a type of cancer that only affects the production of white blood cells and thus originates in the organ that produces blood and that is bone marrow. Leukemia is commonly known as blood cancer.
- Lymphoma or Myeloma – Lymphoma is a type of cancer that originates in the organs of the lymphatic system such as lymph nodes or lymph glands, thymus gland, spleen, bone marrow, etc. This cancer mainly affects the immune system of the body.
- Brain & Spinal Cord Cancers – Brain & Spinal Cord Cancers affect the brain and spinal cord as well, thus also known as Central Nervous System Cancer.
Now you are well aware of what is cancer and the type of cancer, so let’s come back to the point of National Cancer Awareness day 2023.
National Cancer Awareness day 2023
In India, National Cancer Awareness day was initiated by Dr. Harsh Vardhan in the year 2014 and National cancer Awareness day is celebrated on 7th November every year. The main objective behind this step is to spread awareness regarding the prevention and early detection of cancer because early-stage cancer can be treated easily but advanced-stage cancer can not be treated easily and reducing the chances of patients’ survival and ultimately leading to death.
The birth anniversary of Madam Curie is on 7th November, hence National Cancer Awareness Day is celebrated on this day. Madame Curie was a Nobel laureate who also discovered elements such as radium and polonium and used nuclear energy emitted by those elements to treat cancer.
As we have already seen the number of cancer patients in India is around 1.1 Million and it is a very high number. So so we need to understand the importance of early detection of cancer.
National Cancer Awareness day Theme 2023
National Cancer Awareness Day Theme 2023 is not available yet, so whenever it will be available we will absolutely update you.
World Cancer Day 2023
World cancer day is celebrated every year on 4 February. World cancer day was recognized at the world cancer summit in Paris in the year 2000 after the declaration of the Union of International Cancer Control (UICC). The aim behind this is to spread awareness regarding cancer and to reduce its impact globally. World Cancer Day 2023 was also held on the same date, 4 February.
Do You Know: National Epilepsy Day 2023 will be celebrated on 17 November every year in India. Read More About National Epilepsy Day 2023
World Cancer Day Theme 2023
World Cancer Day theme 2023 is ‘Close the Care Gap’. this theme ultimately gave a message to fill the space of care for cancer patients.
Statistics Of Cancer
Cancer is of several types and causes a large number of demises, so the data on cancer would be very high in number. Here we will share Statistics Of Cancer in India and the world as well.
- The number of cancer-diagnosed patients is increasing every year by 1.1 million.
- According to the reports, In every 8 minutes, one woman dies of cervical cancer.
- According to a report, in the year 2018, around 3,17,928 deaths were caused due to cancer led by Tabacco consumption.
- Around 25% of cancer deaths were because of cancer in the oral cavity in males.
- And around 25% of cancer deaths were because of cancer in the oral cavity and breast cancer.
- In the year 2018, the WHO released its reports and the statistics were shocking. Approximately 9.6 million died because of cancer worldwide and India shared 8.17% of this number.
Do You Know – In the year 2019 infant mortality number was around 2.4 million worldwide. Read Here About World Infant Protection Day 2023
National Cancer Awareness Day Quotes/World Cancer Day Quotes
Quotes have a high impact on people so it is necessary to make some strong quotes for good impact. So here we are sharing some inspirational quotes for cancer patients.
“You can be a victim of cancer or a survivor of cancer. It’s a mindset.”– Dave Pelzer
“One day at a time, one step at a time. Do what you can, do your best. Let God handle the rest.”– Michelle Jones
“Time is shortening. But every day that I challenge this cancer and survive is a victory for me.”– Ingrid Bergman
“You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.”– Cayla Mills
“When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: You haven’t.”– Thomas Edison
“You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live.”– Stuart Scott
” Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.”– Oprah
“Stand in your light and shine brightly because that is how you defeat darkness.”– Leslie Esperanza Espaillat
“It’s about focusing on the fight and not the fright.”– Robin Roberts
“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”– Muriel Strode
You may also like to read: Facts About Tuberculosis – Is There A Cure For Tuberculosis in 2023?
National Cancer Awareness Day Slogans/ World Cancer Day Slogans
National Cancer Awareness Day is celebrating for the last 8 years and also National Cancer Awareness Day slogans play an important role in this national cancer awareness day 2023. So here we are sharing some National Cancer Awareness Day slogans.
- Cancer Is a Word, Not a Sentence
- Fight the Fight, Find the Cure
- Early Detection Saves Lives
- I can and I will
- Cancer: Just Beat It!
- Fight Cancer with Hope!
- Fighting Cancer Is Our Goal. We Can Do It It’s In Our Soul!
- Never, Never, Never Give Up!
- Once You Choose Hope, Anything’s Possible!
- To See A Rainbow We Must First Deal With The Rain!
National Cancer Awareness Day is a great initiative by Dr. Harsh Varshan. The main objective of National Cancer Awareness 2023 is to spread awareness and which is really very important for the early detection of cancer that will ultimately lead to a decreasing number of deaths by cancer.
So be aware and make sure you and your family members have regular check-ups if feel unusual symptoms. In this write-up, we have shared all the necessary information related to National Cancer Awareness Day 2023, National Cancer Awareness Day theme 2023, National Cancer Awareness Day quotes, National Cancer Awareness Day slogans, World Cancer Day, World Cancer 2023 theme, etc. Hope the information was useful for you.
You may also like to read: World Water Week 2023 – Theme, Registration, Activities, And Stockholm Water Prize
What date is World Cancer Day 2023?
World Cancer Day is celebrated globally on 4 February.
What date is Pink Ribbon day 2023?
International Pink Ribbon Day is celebrated on October 21. It is also known as the International Day of Breast Cancer. The purpose behind Pink Ribbon Day is to spread awareness regarding breast cancer and hope for its cure.