Asthma is a chronic disease that has affected millions of people worldwide. The main affected system of the body due to this disease is the respiratory system. Asthma is basically a lung infection about which we have shared a detailed piece of information in this write-up ahead but the actual issue is the awareness about this disease and to meet this issue we are going to celebrate the 25th World Asthma Day 2023 this year.
In this write-up, we will cover the most crucial information about World Asthma day 2023 including World Asthma day theme 2023, World Asthma day history, Who started World Asthma day, World Asthma day slogans, World Asthma day quotes, etc. But before entering into this we need to understand more about this disease.
So let’s first understand, what is Asthma, Symptoms of Asthma, Types of Asthma, what causes Asthma, what prevention of Asthma, medicines for Asthma, etc.
- What Is Asthma?
- Symptoms of Asthma
- Types of Asthma
- Causes of Asthma
- Prevention For Asthma
- World Asthma Day 2023
- Who Organizes World Asthma Day 2023?
- World Asthma Day History
- World Asthma Day 2023 Theme
- World Asthma Day 2023 Slogans
- World Asthma Day 2023 Quotes
- Interesting Facts About World Asthma Day
What Is Asthma?
Asthma is a chronic or long-term disease that affects the windways of the respiratory system which used to be responsible for the transportation of air from the lungs. In a person affected with Asthma, those windways or airways gets narrow due to inflammation and thus the patient feels difficulty in breathing. So the simple definition of Asthma can be ”Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease that affects the windpipe connected to the lungs and due to inflammation in airways breathing gets difficult for the patient.”
Symptoms of Asthma
Asthma is a respiratory disease and thus the symptoms of Asthma can be easily detected. Here we are sharing some common Symptoms of Asthma.
- Constant wheezing, coughing, and chest tightening.
- Breathless during speaking, eating, or sleeping.
- Rapid Breathing
- Lack of sleep due to coughing or wheezing, and shortness of breathing
- Exhaustion and stress due to lack of sleep
Types of Asthma
Asthma is a disease that can be intermittent or persistent, mild, moderate, or severe. And on that basis, we can categorize Asthma by dividing it into several types. So the 9 types of Asthma are given below to give you an account of the disease,
- Allergic Asthma
- Non-Allergic Asthma
- Seasonal Asthma
- Occupational Asthma
- Exercise-Induced Asthma
- Severe Asthma
- Brittle Asthma
- Childhood Asthma/Pediatric
- Adult Onset Asthma
Causes of Asthma
Till now, there is no actual cause have been discovered that why some people are having Asthma while other do not. But there are certain factors available that mainly trigger a disease like Asthma in any person. Some of them are mentioned below.
- Allergies: Having an allergy to dust, pollen, yeast, molds, smoke, or any other substance can raise the chances of developing Asthma and affecting airways.
- Environmental Factors: Exposure to environmental factors such as harmful chemicals, coal dust, toxins, fumes, etc. are factors that can be one of the causes of Asthma. Employees working in coal mines, metallic mines, the chemical industry, etc. have a high chance to get infected with Asthma in comparison with other employees who are not in constant exposure to such harmful environmental factors.
- Genetics – Genetics is also a major cause of Asthma. Here I mean if any of your parents do have Asthma then the chances of your getting infected with Asthma are there but this is not sure that you will definitely have.
Prevention For Asthma
If you have Asthma then there are several preventions for Asthma that can help you to control your Asthma along with medication will increase the effectiveness of the medication. So here I am sharing some prevention for Asthma.
- Make sure to avoid exposure to the environmental risk factors mentioned above.
- If you are a smoker then you should stop it right now because you preparing for your death if you are still smoking.
- Wear a mask to prevent yourself from the dust before going outside the home.
- Use HEPA filters (High-Efficiency Particulate Air Filters) in your air conditioner and a vacuum cleaner if you can afford them.
- Make sure to clean your house, curtains, bed sheets, etc. to prevent from dust in your house.
- Do not spend a lot of time with pets, even keep them out of your house.
If you are having frequent symptoms of Asthma then immediately consult to your Doctor. Do not take the symptoms lightly. Asthma is directly connected to your breathing so proper medication and treatment at the right is very necessary. But here is the problem many people do not take the frequent symptoms seriously. For such people, we celebrate World Asthma Day every year to spread awareness regarding the disease. Let’s unfold more information about this International Event.
World Asthma Day 2023
World Asthma Day 2023 will be celebrated on the first Tuesday of May, 2 May 2023. Every year it is commemorated on the first Tuesday of May month. The main objective to celebrate this international event is to spread awareness regarding the severity of Asthma.
World Asthma Day 2023 will also be celebrated with the intention to improve awareness and care around Asthma globally.
Who Organizes World Asthma Day 2023?
World Asthma Day 2023 and every year is organized by an organization named Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA). GINA is a collaborative organization with WHO (World Health Organization) which was founded in the year 1993 with the objective to increase Asthma awareness worldwide.
World Asthma Day History
In the year 1993, the Global Initiative for Asthma – GINA was founded as the collaborative organization of the WHO. the GINA was established to improve awareness regarding Asthma by operating different occasions, one of which was World Asthma Day.
World Asthma Day was first observed in the year 1998 when the first time World Asthma meeting was held in Barcelona, Spain with a total of 35 Countries as attendees in the meeting.
World Asthma Day 2023 Theme
Word Asthma Day 2023 theme is been released by the Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) just like every year. So here we are sharing the past 2 years’ World Asthma Day themes as well.
- World Asthma Day 2023 Theme – “Asthma care for All”
- World Asthma Day 2022 Theme – “Closing Gaps in Asthma Care.”
- World Asthma Day 2021 Theme – “Uncovering Asthma Misconceptions”
With World Asthma Day 2023 theme, the organization wants to spread the message of increment in the care and awareness of Asthma which is a very crucial need nowadays.
Check Here: List Of All Important Days in 2023 | National And International
World Asthma Day 2023 Slogans
Slogans have a great impact on people’s minds and to meet with that great impact there are many World Asthma Day 2023 Slogans have been written. Some of the World Asthma Day 2023 slogans are mentioned below.
“Breath easy, live freely: World Asthma Day.”
“Asthma doesn’t have to define you: join the fight on World Asthma Day.”
“Asthma can’t hold us back: let’s raise awareness together!”
“Manage your asthma, live your best life.”
“Every breath counts: support World Asthma Day.”
“Take control of your asthma: don’t let it control you.”
“Breathing should be easy for everyone: support World Asthma Day.”
“Let’s work towards a world where asthma is no longer a barrier.”
“Together, we can breathe easier.”
“Asthma awareness is key to a healthier future.”
Do You Know: These Fascinating Facts About World Infant Protection Day 2023
World Asthma Day 2023 Quotes
To address the seriousness of Asthma many writers have given some precious and meaningful World Asthma Day 2023 quotes. Some of them are mentioned below.
“Asthma doesn’t define me; I define asthma.” – Kyle Kondik– Kyle Kondik
“Asthma may be invisible, but it is very real and can have a significant impact on people’s lives.”– Amanda Barnard
“Asthma should not limit a person’s dreams or aspirations. With proper care, anything is possible.” – Sally Wenzel– Sallt Wenzel
“Asthma is a chronic condition, but it does not have to be a chronic problem. With proper management, it can be controlled.”– Stephen Holgate
“Asthma is a reminder to slow down, breathe deeply, and take care of ourselves. It can be a teacher, showing us the importance of self-care and self-awareness.” – Genevieve Howland– Genevieve Howland
“Asthma is a manageable condition that should not prevent anyone from achieving their goals.”– Monica Kraft
“Asthma is an illness that can be effectively managed with proper treatment and self-care.” – Harold S. Nelson– Harold S. Nelson
“Asthma is not a weakness, but a condition that requires strength and resilience to manage.”– Toni Latimer – Scahill
“Asthma is not a barrier to living a full and active life. It is a challenge that can be overcome with the right mindset and support.” – Neil Thomson– Neil Thomson
“Living with asthma requires courage, patience, and a positive attitude. But it is worth it to live a healthy, fulfilling life.”– Kay Boycott
Do You Know: These Fascinating Facts About National Cancer Awareness Day 2023
Interesting Facts About World Asthma Day
In this write-up, titled World Asthma Day 2023, we have talked on various aspects related to the disease that can affect both, children and adults but still, there are some interesting facts about World Asthma Day you must have read up on.
- Asthma can affect children and adults but its effect is seen in children more than in adults.
- Asthma leads to the narrowing of the airways of the patient and thus shortness of breathing with the combination of wheezing or coughing is one of the common symptoms.
- According to the data, in the year 2019, 262 million people were infected with Asthma out of which 455 000 had to sacrifice their lives.
- Avoiding Asthma triggers can help you control and reduce Asthma symptoms.
Check Here: Holidays In 2023 – A Complete List Of Holidays In 2023
Whether Asthma is a chronic disease but early detection can save you easily, so be aware of what you are experiencing and do not ignore the frequent symptoms of any disease.
In this write-up of World Asthma Day 2023, we have tried to explain all the necessary and crucial information about World Asthma Day 2023 including World Asthma day theme 2023, World Asthma day history, Who started World Asthma day, World Asthma day slogans, World Asthma day quotes, what is Asthma, Symptoms of Asthma, Types of Asthma, what causes Asthma, what prevention of Asthma, medicines for Asthma, etc. Hope the content was useful and informative enough for you. Thanks for reading.
Which day is known as World Asthma Day?
Every first Tuesday in May month is celebrated as World Asthma Day. World Asthma Day 2023 date is 2 May, World Asthma Day 2024 date is 7 May, World Asthma Day 2025 date is 6 May, World Asthma Day 2026 date is 5 May, and World Asthma Day 2027 date is 4 May.
What color is World Asthma Day?
The color code for World Asthma Day is Grey. On World Asthma Day, wear a grey colored ribbon around your arm in support of World Asthma Day, and do not forget to encourage if you ever meet any Asthma patient.
What is the theme of World Asthma Day 2023?
World Asthma Day 2023 theme is “Asthma care for All” which is decided by the organization Global Initiative for Asthma – GINA which conducts World Asthma Day every year.
When is World Asthma Day 2023?
World Asthma Day 2023 will be celebrated on 2 May 2023, the first Tuesday in May 2023.