Ameera Shah is best known for being the promoter and Managing Director of Metropolis Healthcare which is an international diagnostic chain also known as Metropolis Labs. She is considered one of the most influential entrepreneurs in India and has surpassed a commendable journey of entrepreneurship that needed to be talked about and that is why, here I came to share the Ameera Shah Biography with you. So let’s start this Ameera Shah life story from the beginning to learn so many aspects of her life.
Table of Contents
- Ameera Shah started her career in New York at Goldman Sachs but left the company as she did not like her role.
- At that time, her father asked her if she wanted to pursue entrepreneurship to create an impact, and came back to India. She joined Metropolis in 2001, at the age of 21 years only.
- Ameera Shah led Metropolis Labs from $1.5 million in revenue and 40 employees to Metropolis Healthcare’s $90 million in revenue with 4500 employees making it a multinational company.
Ameera Shah Biography
Ameera Shah was born on 24 September 1979 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She is the only entrepreneur in a family of Doctors. She could have made it through her great entrepreneurial instinct and skills. As of now, she is considered one of the most successful and influential women entrepreneurs in India. Ameera Shah age is 44 years and she took over Metropolis Labs when she was 21 years old only.
Currently, Ameera Shah is the Promoter and Managing Director of Metropolis Labs. She has been named to various prestigious lists of entrepreneurs that include the most powerful women in Business as well. There is a lot to learn from the Ameera Shah life story and thus stay tuned and keep reading this Ameera Shah Metropolis success story till the end.
|Full Name||Ameera Shah|
|Date of Birth||24 September 1979|
|Age||44 Years (As of 2023)|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Father’s Name||Dr. Sushil Shah (Founder & Chairman of Metropolis Labs)|
|Mother’s Name||Dr. Duru Shah (Gynaecologist)|
|Husband’s Name||Hemant Sachdeva|
|Qualification||Masters in Business Management|
|College Name||Graduation – the University of Texas at Austin & Masters – Harvard Business School|
|Business Name||Metropolis Healthcare|
|Current Position||Managing Director|
|Net Worth||Rs 6,000 Crore|
Ameera Shah Education
Ameera was born in a family of Doctors but still, she pursued the education of her own taste. She completed schooling in Mumbai and then joined the H.R. College of Commerce and Economics to study Commerce. To earn a degree, she left India and enrolled at the University of Texas at Austin for a degree in Finance. She also joined the Owner-President Management Program at Harvard Business School. Her educational journey clearly defined her taste in career.
Ameera Shah Family
Ameera Shah family consists of her parents and her elder sister. Ameera Shah’s father’s name is Dr. Sushil Shah who was a pathologist while her mother’s name is Dr. Duru Shah who was a gynaecologist. Ameera Shah father, Dr. Sushil Shah was the founder of Metropolis Healthcare which he started as a diagnostic lab in Mumbai and has become a multinational company. Ameera Shah’s elder sister’s name is Aparna Shah she is a geneticist.
Ameera Shah Career
Ameera Shah career as a professional began in New York where she joined Goldman Sachs in the finance sector but she left her job within a year as she did not enjoy her role as a financial executive. Then her father asked her if she wanted to join his company and become an entrepreneur who could create an impact by being the soul of the company and this is how Ameera Shah’s entrepreneurial journey began.
Ameera Shah Metropolis Healthcare
In 2001, Ameera Shah took over Metropolis Labs from her father and started working as the Managing Director. When she joined Metropolis, it was a $1.5 million company with 40 employees and now Ameera Shah Metropolis Labs has become Metropolis Healthcare with $90 million in revenue with 4500 employees.
Ameera Shah Metropolis is not just in operations in pan India but also has a presence in around 6 countries including Shri Lanka, Uganda, Zambia, Kenya, Mauritius, and Ghana. The company has a total of 170+ Clinical Labs. Ameera Shah has also successfully led Metropolis listing in April 2019.
Apart from Ameera Shah Metropolis, she has also serving various reputed ventures as a Board Member including Marico Kaya Enterprises Limited, Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited, Shoppers Stop Limited, Kaya Limited, etc.
Ameera is also on the advisory committee of Baylor College of Medicine and AXA. Previously, she also served as the secretary of the Indian Association of Pathology Laboratories (IAPL) and co-chairperson of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) Health Services Committee in 2012.
Read Also: Siddharth Shah Biography – PharmEasy Founder Success Story
Ameera Shah Net Worth 2023
The estimated Ameera Shah net worth 2023 is approximately ₹6,000 Crores and possibly more than that. She has been serving Metropolis for more than 20 years and is one of the Top 11 Female Entrepreneurs In India.
Ameera Shah Awards & Recognitions
In this Ameera Shah biography, I have shared everything about her entrepreneurial journey and success and for that, she has been honored with several awards and recognitions. So here I am sharing the list of Ameera Shah awards & recognitions below.
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award by Entrepreneur India & Bloomberg – 2011
- Young Achiever of the Year, CMO Asia Awards – 2011
- 40 Under 40 Business Leaders by The Economic Times
- Exemplary Women Leadership Award – 2014
- Women Leadership Award at the CMO Asia Awards – 2015
- Young Global Leader by World Economic Forum – 2015
- Asia’s Power Business Women by Forbes – 2015
- India’s Most Powerful Women in Business (ranked at no. 46) by Fortune India Magazine – 2017
- India’s Most Powerful Women in Business (ranked at no. 36) by Fortune India Magazine – 2018
- India’s Most Powerful Women in Business (ranked at no. 28) by Fortune India Magazine – 2019
- Tycoons of Tomorrow by Forbes India – 2018
- Most Powerful Women list by Business Today – 2018 & 2019
- CNBC-AWAAZ CEO Awards -2019
- Women Entrepreneur of the Year Award by FICCI – 2022
Read Also: The Success Story of India’s PharMaa – Namita Thapar Biography
Ameera Shah Personal Life
Here I am going to talk about Ameera Shah personal life. She is married to Hemant Sachdeva he is an Indian-origin US-based retail entrepreneur. Ameera Shah husband is also serving Metropolis Healthcare as a non-executive Director and they both got married in 2010. Ameera Shah and Hemant Sachdeva also have a boy named Karma to whom she gave birth in 2020.
Ameera Shah family relocated to Dubai from India during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Must ReadL: Vinita Jain Biography – Inspiring Success Story Of Biotique Founder
Ameera Shah Social Media
Through this Metropolis MD Ameera Shah biography, I have shared all the details about the most powerful entrepreneur in India and you might be interested in following her as she is available on various social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. where you can follow her and Metropolis and can stay connected with her.
Ameera Shah Metropolis Instagram username is @metropolis_labs and it has more than 8,973 followers on Instagram. Its Facebook username is Metropolis Labs and it has more than 117K followers on Facebook.
Ameera Shah Twitter handle name is @AmeeraShah and she has more than 28.1K Followers on Twitter. Her LinkedIn username is Ameera Shah and she has more than 37,926 followers and 500+ connections on LinkedIn.
Want To Know: Which are the Top 10 Pharma Companies In India 2023?
Interesting Facts About Ameera Shah
Through this Metropolis MD Ameera Shah biography, I have tried my best to provide you with all the crucial details about one of the most powerful entrepreneurs from India and thus you must have read up on these facts about Ameera Shah. So here I am sharing some interesting and lesser-known facts about Ameera Shah below.
- Ameera Shah is the only member of her family who is not a Doctor and an entrepreneur.
- She started her corporate career in New York at Goldman Sachs but did not enjoy her role in financial services thus left the company in less than 1 year.
- At the age of 21, Ameera Shah joined Metropolis Labs after her father’s offer to join.
- Ameera Shah led Metropolis Labs from $1.5 million in revenue and 40 employees to Metropolis Healthcare’s $90 million in revenue with 4500 employees.
- Ameera has secured her rank in the list of India’s Most Powerful Women in Business by Fortune India Magazine in 2017, 2018, & 2019.
- Ameera is also a motivational speaker who has been invited to various gatherings and events organized by FICCI, TEDx, IIM, CII, Harvard Business School, etc.
- Ameera Shah is the founder of ”Empoweress” which is a non-profit organization to provides business mentorship and micro-funding to women-led businesses.
Do You Know: Who Are the Top 11 Female Entrepreneurs In India 2023?
Through this Metropolis MD Ameera Shah biography, we have learned that when you actually enjoy your work, you can achieve tremendous success but if you are stuck with the job you are not even liking, then there is no meaning to stay with the work. Forget about success, you will not even get happiness. Ameera Shah Metropolis MD is an inspiring person for all of us.
In this Ameera Shah biography, I have shared all the details about her including Ameera Shah date of birth, Ameera Shah age, Ameera Shah education, Ameera Shah career, Ameera Shah net worth 2023, Ameera Shah family, Ameera Shah husband, Ameera Shah personal life, Ameera Shah social media, Ameera Shah awards & recognitions, some facts about Ameera Shah, etc.
Want To Read: The Biography of Your Favorite Entrepreneur?
Hope this Ameera Shah Metropolis success story was inspirational for you and the content I have provided was also useful and informative enough for you. Thanks for reading.
Who is Ameera Shah?
Ameera Shah is the promoter and Managing Director of Metropolis Healthcare. She is one of the most powerful women in business from India.
What is Ameera Shah age?
Metropolis MD Ameera Shah age is 44 years as of 2023. She was born on 24 September 1979 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
What is Ameera Shah net worth 2023?
Ameera Shah net worth 2023 is estimated to be around Rs 6,000 Crore and possibly more than that.
Who is Ameera Shah married to?
Ameera Shah husband name is Hemant Sachdeva he is an Indian-origin US-based entrepreneur and is serving Metropolis as a non-executive Director.
Who is the owner of Metropolis Lab?
Dr. Sushil Shah is the owner and founder of Metropolis Labs (now Metropolis Healthcare). Currently, he is serving the company as a Chairman while his daughter Ameera Shah is the company’s Managing Director.
Who is the CEO of Metropolis?
On 2 January 2023, Metropolis appointed a new Chief Executive Officer named Surendran Chemmenkotil.